How You Can Help
Support and Nutrition
The mission of the organization goals are “to provide assistance to poverty-stricken residents of the Los Angeles Community by meeting their immediate needs of food, clothing, education and employment, in order to ultimately empower people to overcome poverty and become self-sufficient and productive members of the community.”
LACOC’s vision goals are to provide a comprehensive array of family strengthening programs and services that creates a network of core supports for families and individuals that move them out of poverty and expands the number of realistic options for improving their chances of succeeding in life and giving back to their community.
Our free clothing bank has provided support to low income families and individuals in Los Angeles since 1996. In addition to clothing, shoes and outerwear, we provide our clients basic household goods and hygiene items. We also provide infant care supplies such as diapers, wipes, baby formula and baby food to clients on a monthly basis. donation
Individual and Family Strengthening
- Strengthen individuals and families to support and address their short- and long-term needs.
- Support of basic and crisis intervention needs/services to address the immediate needs of individuals and families.
- Improve employment readiness, job skills, and job retention rates of adults.
- Develop and implement creative partnerships with schools, educational agencies, and leaders in education at the national and local levels.
- Improve academic achievement for school age children and youth through the provision of school and community based programming.
- Develop, implement and evaluate community based education services and skill development programs, including adult basic education, GED preparation, computer training, and post secondary education in order to assist adults in achieving their individual educational goals.
- Implementation plan to be developed by LACOC Strategic Planning Committee, following presentation and adoption of revised Strategic Plan.